LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Fugly
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trout Lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trout Lures
    Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 11:05pm
A nice pair of timber Fugly Trout lures.

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 10:24am
Nice, are these the Trutta Butters? They look a little too deep in the body for them.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2022 at 4:09pm
Hi Martin,

Unfortunately, I don't have much detail regarding these two lures. The original owner said that he purchased them at the Lure Expo and the accompanying card(see below) simply describes them as "Timber Trout Lures"

What I do know however is that I was very happy to add them to my "too small" collection of Chris's brilliant work.

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 11:23pm
g'day Col,These ones could be an early timber incarnation of the "Trutta Butters" as suggested by Martin.They are deeper than the current polyurethane ones i sometimes make,i'll have to have a look at some of my old profiles in the shed
that's no how ye make porridge!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 9:47pm
these are basically timber trutta butters just a bit of a variation on the ones i was making back then,the length of the current ones is about the same 53mm
that's no how ye make porridge!
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 10:29pm
Hi Chris,

I greatly appreciate you confirming the model name of these beauties, I will update my records accordingly.

Thank you,
Col
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 1:49pm
I managed to pick up a couple more of the "Trutta Butter" lures. This time it was two of the moulded version(52mm).

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2024 at 9:48pm
Great little lures, work on a big range of fish 
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic