LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Resin epoxy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Resin epoxy
    Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 8:20pm
Hi all just getting into lure making.
Just wondering what epoxy people are using to coat lures.
I do have a rotisserie so am able to coat and leave over night.
As im just starting and dont really want to brake the bank can anyone please suggest a cheap ok epoxy.
Cheers
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 9:30am
Envirotex Lite is cheap, you may think you don't get much when you buy it but it goes a long way and will coat more lures than you think.

Buy some syringes to measure it equally, not medical ones as the silicone will contaminate the mix. I use plastic syringes that I buy from a Rod Making mob in South Australia.

Buy some small disposable plastic shot glasses to mix it in, I mix with a SS drink tumbler, stops a lot of bubbles. Mix for at  least two minutes. Make sure not to touch the lure too much during the painting process as 
Grease from your hands will give adhesion problems. Paint on using epoxy brushes you can buy them on eBay. Give a thorough coat and fix to your rotator.. use a flame to pop any bubbles that may appear, actually I use a straw, the co from my breath pops them. Rotate for 6 hours and don't touch them for at least 12 hours. 

Recoat if you get imperfections, the second coat normally fixes them and then I leave mine for 24 to 48 hours to dry. 

Lyle View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 10:29am
Thanks so much for that info. Appreciate it mate
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic