LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NT Lures > G Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My G Lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My G Lures
    Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 7:19pm
These are my G lure's I have acquired recently. At least I think they are G lures. I realise there were two forrester brothers, one made Basstads the other made G lures. Is this correct Brad? Both lures were very similar...even down to the paint job.

I have 3 different sizes - small, medium and large. The 5 smaller ones were traded from a LL member...thanks again. The 4 larger ones have different bibs sizes and shapes. The bars on the sides of all the lures looks the same to me.

I have an older version of the medium black and silver (red bars) which I have had for 15yrs +, which I still fish with...full of teeth marks (not pictured).

I have noticed that the 5 smaller G lure models have a much thinner tail section compared to the basstads.

steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 7:29pm
Here are the bib comparisons on the larger G lures. Notice the 2 large bibs are different...not shown well in the pic. The black lure has a circular bib almost, the orange bib is more elongated.

Here are the comparisons of the Basstads (on top) and the small G lures (on the bottom). Notice the thinner tail and body on the G lure. Eyes are also smaller on the G lure.

cheers
steiny
ringo View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 8:33pm
Nice lures Steiny.
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 9:05pm
yup you pretty much got it in one. The differences are only slight, but obvious once you have them in hand.
Be interesting to hear the story of the Forrester bros and their lures. I hope one day we will hear it.
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 9:23am
Was told they stopped production due to not being able to compete with mass produced plastics.
They sold in one tackle shop out at the 11mile, last time I visited they still had a few poppers and their range of barra lures called Bonanzas.
Some good news though, I heard on the grapevine they may return to making on a limited basis.
Kmart in Casuarina Sq. carried all their lures for years, but I noticed no longer on the shelves.
Tony.
"Always Merry and Bright"
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 10:16am
Hey Tony.......if you see those poppers again I would be interested. cheers
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 10:58am
3 new G lure additions to the family, thanks to my LL friend. Lure bodies are 85mm.

cheers steiny
jebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 10:26am
Cheers for sharing Steiny, love these little guys
Cheers
Justin
tjanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 10:29pm
got these two guys the other day of anyone would be interested in a trade. I really like the little timber one shes got alot of character. Sonny
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic