LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

motorized lure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimhyonjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: motorized lure
    Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 6:48am
I know there are some motorized lures. and many prop baits.
but how about like this one?

adding actual motor+battery to propbait lure???
(such as propeller to topwater stickbait/pencilbait)
I guess anyone would have thoght of it.

feature can be simply
1.just for 50m swimming & stop just for casting.
   (auto start by water detect)

2.or having inside switch can on/off the motor.
  ;;since it needs to be full waterproof. standalone working
   vibration switch or whatever switch type.
   pulling fishing line will makes shock vibration that turns on/off the lure's propeller.

i was talking about adding actual motor+battery to like these prop bait.
I know there are already robot swimming lure. but what I meant was topwater type

any critical reviews are welcome.
after all, it's not even exist.. so whatever you say about it.

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 5:09pm
Cannot see why not. The main problem that I can see is ensuring they remain water proof, are strong enough, and if sold through an outlet of some kind the cost of them.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 6:11am
its a good idea and should work,the motor in the lure would have to be strong enough to set the hook though unless the fisherman saw the hit and was able to strike(might pull the hooks out of its mouth too),i think you'd have to make one of these lures and test it .Thumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 2:29pm
Gday,

I experimented with similar concept for a topwater lure using mini computerised ( pic axe 8 ) chipset that could be programmed for automatic on / off, and the speed settings were programable via computer prior to going for a fish.

It worked brilliantly on its debut trial, hooked a very nice cod and then lost both the fish and the lure due to stupidity. I didnt make anymore due to components being about $120, then again that was a decade ago and could probably build one now for under $40.

It`s still one of the many projects bouncing around in my brain and will no doubt make some more when get current projects finished.

Awhile ago they were selling a small fish with an electric magnetically driven tail with water contact points as the bridge to power it up, they were available at Big W as toy that was only 50mm long, but were deadly when fished under a float. I no longer have any left and have been unable to find replacements Cry.

Cheers
Living outside of the square means never having to sit in the corner
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 2:50pm
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 3:44pm
Hi Ducks,

They are the exact ones that I was using ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

I pulled a few apart to see if could use the internals on a different project, but on a larger scale, but unfortunately couldn't find anything large enough - But haven't given up hope.

Thanks again for finding them Just ordered a 4 pack so can do some more disecting and work out a possible upgrade.

Cheers

Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 6:14pm
I've mucked around with them too.
I also had a 7 odd inch robot tail peacock bass which I rigged up going to catch a very large peacock bass.
No luck on that one, then my kids broke it and I can't find another Cry
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 6:19pm
Back Again,

I have been trying to work out exactly what the magnet style motor is called but cannot find anything similar to what they have used - very frustrating Wacko

Cheers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic