LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Deception Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Jump Stumpers"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Jump Stumpers"
    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 2:47pm
Recently Paul was commissioned to do a batch of lures with his take on that classic Aussie lure, the "Stump Jumper". Paul opted to produce 15 numbered sets of "Jump Stumpers" crafted from Coastal Cypress timber.

One lure from each set was left raw/nude while the rest were painted using a selection of scale patterns similar to those used for the original timber Stumpies, as well as some of Paul's own signature patterns from back in the Deception days.

I reckon that they have turned out brilliantly Paul, only to be expected I suppose, and have to say that I much prefer "your" painted eyes as compared to the stick-on ones used for the originals.

Cheers, Col.

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 8:39pm
Stunning Lures ClapClapClapClapClap

Knæek & Break 
             Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
Cod Classic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 12:53am
Amazing!
HARTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 6:57pm
Wow, amazing work! Clap
justlooking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justlooking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 2:07pm
Beautiful looking lures !
I still like the original reflective stick on eyes though.
A set would be nice ?
Go early - Stay late.
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 10:57pm
not bad at all Mr Kneller!
that's no how ye make porridge!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by justlooking justlooking wrote:

Beautiful looking lures !
I still like the original reflective stick on eyes though.
A set would be nice ?
those holographic stick on eyes are bastards Brett they still have a tendancy to peel off dont blame paul for not using em'Wink.
that's no how ye make porridge!
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 12:56am
The selection of paint schemes for these "Jumpstumpers" was recently expanded by Paul to include all of the 11 colour patterns that were used on the original timber Stumpies. Nice to see the set now complete.

reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2021 at 11:30pm
I agree Col, these are 'crackers' and top shelf work from Paul..

I whipped up a cedar box for my set and sorted a pair of laser etched poly carb ovals to help 'balance' the layout.

wadey
www.reeldealfishing.com.au
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 6:24am
Well done Gary, your display box looks fantastic and compliments the lures beautifully. I greatly appreciate you adding your photo here for us all to share. A special set such as these deserves nothing less.
Congratulations, Col.
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 11:59am
The final chapter to this story was a batch of approx. 100 "Jump Stumpers" that Paul made using Jelutong wood. These were a slightly heavier duty version painted in 12 colours and it was Paul's intention that they were to be fished. However, given that they were all snapped up in just 55 seconds when released for sale I'm not sure how many of them will actually get to see water.

Regards,
Col

Cod Classic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 10:19pm
Simply wonderful.

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully the boss was organised enough to arrange a set.

Cheers TB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic