Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Tidal Water
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mini Count Down - Dean Hayes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mini Count Down - Dean Hayes
    Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 10:15pm

Only through the kind support of another collector was I able to obtain one of these lures. What a beauty! It's a shame that Dean has left us. I've never fished with Dean, but some friends of mine are involved in the running of the Military Tattoo when in Sydney and some time ago the Scotts wanted to go fishing so I hooked them up with Dean. They enjoyed themselves so much that they booked every slot they could before flying back home. Thanks to Dean's great guiding skills, these guys were blown away by Aussie fishing action.

Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
simon bruce View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 10:37pm

Great little lures and a nice story about Dean Hayes.

tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 7:20am
Hi Ropes , The day Dean Passed away the fishing world lost a legend. Dean and I started School together and sat next to each other in allour classes right through primary school. I used to swap some of my Flies  with him so he could chase his beloved bass. I have been on many outings with deano and I have never met a man that could read the water as well as Dean could. He started up His first Lure company(east coast lures ) with afriend of his and ended up selling his share to his Friend . he then went into charters on Sydney harbour for awhile  and then amongst many other ventures started up his new lure company of which you have . they are a very nice lure , Ihave acouple of his surface poppers in my collection that I will always treasure. Regards Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 7:36am
Pete can you post some pics of the poppers? I'd love to see them. Interestingly I still know where I can score a few timber East Coast Fiz Poppers, I didn't know they originated from Dean. Looks like I have another short lure buying outing to plan.

Ropes
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 9:34pm
Hi Guys , Ithought I'd post these pics here as wild thing lures was a part of Dean Hayse's HistoryWinkWinkWinkWink...Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic