LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > B.J.'s Custom Baits
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BJ's Spinnerbaits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BJ's Spinnerbaits
    Posted: 16 May 2011 at 1:48pm
Hi,

Here are some pics of BJ's spinnerbaits that he sent me to use for Saratoga fishing. These baits are first class and are an awesome design. These spinnerbaits are the perfect size for many of our native fish to be taken on. I can't wait for the warmer months to come back now so that I can get up the river and tempt a few Toga into hitting these. I did manage a trip yesterday but had no luck on any of the regular lure types that I normally use. I gave BJ's lures a swim and I am impressed with the way they swim and look in the water. The water temp was down to 17 degrees and still flowing quite strongly.

Regards
Adrian

Toga Fever
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 5:09pm
Wink Thanks for the kind words pilly and I'm glad they've swam ok for you mate it'll be good to see a few toga on the lures when you get em mate! The new packaging has arrived now so the complete package is very presentable and looks very professional indeed!! More on this at a later date though!!!!!! B.J.
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 10:10pm
They sure do deserve praise, wonderfull looking lures. What weights/sizes are they?
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 2:47pm
WinkG'day ropes from memory the weights are as follows the black,yellow gold combination was a 1/4oz  feral baitz with the other 2 being the 1/8th ounce creek critter and 1/8 ounce bass flash. The 1/8th ounce sizes have just had there hook size increased to size 2 instead of size four! Hooks are the ever reliable lazer sharps from eagle claw, these hooks stick to a fish well (especially wayward fingers when tying on the shimmerflash/flashabou via the rotating fly vice) often drawing blood from me. I underbind every lure manually before tying with the aid of a bobbin. I like using Dave Whitlocks glue reccommadation in ZAP glues for all water work! If you like to know more or would like to order just P/M with your requirements!!!!!!!!!!Big smile regards B.J.
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 5:17pm
I just love the 1/8oz spinnerbaits. Bass get all over them!
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 7:10pm
They sure look the goods Brian Clap
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 1:53pm
WinkYeah thanks gary,coming from cod country to bass country has been a great learning curve as far as lure presentation is concerned! The 1/8th sized bass flash was a combined research and development project that was implemented by me and used in the field by my independent sponsored fishing champion in Mr Dave (kiwi) Trinder!!!! the results to date have been nothing short of fantastic. We're 1/2 through our next brief of colour design especially targeting Australian Bass. The one featured above was specially made for pilly in that tandem arrangement which also can spin a willow,indiana blade up top. The blades are in four colour designs black,copper,silver and gold. I've noticed the bass really appreciate that size in around timber but really favour a single blade arrangement! Certainly the bass around the local area and official bass circuit certainly have been lending themselves available for capture on these models!!!!!! B.J.LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic