LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Luremakers Biographies
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cut Throats, Boomerangs, and Scorpions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cut Throats, Boomerangs, and Scorpions
    Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 12:43pm
Found this very interesting article by Vic Mc Cristal Modern Fishing mag Sept 1988
Covering the local cottage lure industry a pity some of the photo's are not in colour

Not sure where you would like it to be located covers a number of our wooden lure makers.

Regards John

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 2:44pm
Thanks John Smile

It's certainly a fantastic article (as always from Vic) and is jam packed with information - one of my favourites in fact!

"Aussie Lures General Discussion" is probably the best place - I'll move it across for you now Thumbs Up

Edit: I've added links to a few of the lures mentioned

http://www.lurelovers.com/forum/cuthroat_forum192.html

http://www.lurelovers.com/forum/downunder-lures_forum23.html

http://www.lurelovers.com/forum/peter-newell-lures-tenterfield-nsw_forum36.html
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 2:51pm
Thanks Tony have a couple of earlier lure maker stories to come.
Also a  large number of earlier ads promoting lures which i will place on their  respective areas.
Just located a Special run by Fishing World 1991 on Australian Lures with a number of colour photos.

Regards John
edzard View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Ollie's Stingrays

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 2:58pm
Thanks for posting the article John, great read.
Cheers
Ollie
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 7:00pm
Thanks John- Great read, and some great insight into what people want , rather than what we think they need.
Pete-R
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 3:59pm
It's interesting that, in this article, the Kadaitcha is spelled "Kaditcha".

I have been asked by a few members why I spell it Kaditcha and not Kadaitcha. Peter gave me the Kadaitcha template about 21-22 years ago and was happy for me to make some. After 20+ years, I had no idea why my spelling was different to Peter's.  Then a few of Peter's Kads turned up with Kaditcha written on them, so I figured that I must have got the spelling from one of those lures.

Now, in this article, it is written as Kaditcha. Who knows? Confused  I don't make many, so I'm happy for them to stay as Kadtcha.

Travers
ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 8:36pm
Travers it just makes them all the more interesting!
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 5:39pm
Peter came under pressure from other people with aboriginal genes about calling that lure "kadaitcha". Maybe the spelling was changed for those reasons?  Martin
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
muckawa View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muckawa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Powelly Powelly wrote:

It's interesting that, in this article, the Kadaitcha is spelled "Kaditcha".

I have been asked by a few members why I spell it Kaditcha and not Kadaitcha. Peter gave me the Kadaitcha template about 21-22 years ago and was happy for me to make some. After 20+ years, I had no idea why my spelling was different to Peter's.  Then a few of Peter's Kads turned up with Kaditcha written on them, so I figured that I must have got the spelling from one of those lures.

Now, in this article, it is written as Kaditcha. Who knows? Confused  I don't make many, so I'm happy for them to stay as Kadtcha.

Travers
if you put your glasses on you will see most are spelt "kadiacha" i through i had copies cause there was no t in the spelling and was told by members of the club kadaitcha that i was wrong
yet when i look at the photos they are the same lures as mine, kadiacha thanks for the post
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 8:16pm
I met Mark Upton once in Cooktown, probly around 85-86, from memory we had a fish or two together, he wasn't making lures then (bugger LOL),this is one of his Cuthroat lures given to Vic in 88, it would have featured in this article somewhere, Vic passed it on to me in 2010, this lure is one of my prized possessions, could have done with some lures of this quality in the early years.

Sorry John, forgot to say thanks for the article Embarrassed
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 9:57am
Enjoy Carl
Andy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 10:01am
A few rare 'one off' lures from Mark Upton. Thought some of you might be interested.
Cheers
Andy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 10:08am
Andy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 10:09am
Andy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 10:09am
Andy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 10:10am
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 10:20am
Hard to beat the old style metal bibs.
Decent trebles on all lures, they were meant to catch plenty of solid fish.
Thanks for posting
regards John
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 10:44am
Thanks Andy for the Pics !

from Memory that looks like Marks Coffee table Big smile And is he back from his big trip up north ?

Cheers  Tony 
Andy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 3:06pm
Exactly right. He is back, and busy planning another trip. 
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 5:33am

Nice to see the older specials Andy, thanks for pic's and say g'day to Mark for me.

Gristy
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 9:04am
Thanks for sharing the pics with us Andy, special lures indeed! Thumbs Up

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic