LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing Tackle > General Tackle Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Illegal gear???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Illegal gear???
    Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 5:40pm
I bought this from the Rubbish Tip Shop.
There were 4 of these, 10 standard handlines, 2 opera house yabby traps and some old Cod Spinners.
I initially thought it must be from a pro fisherman but the more I think about it, the more I reckon it might be from some Censored who used to illegally run this across a creek somewhere.
There are god knows how many droppers tied to the rope with a hook and sinker.
What does everyone think?

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 10:30pm
I think you are right, I can't see that being a professional's apparatus.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Fishalot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fishalot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 3:42pm
I have seen a lot of these down stream from the weir at ST George, weren't there for long.WinkWink
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2022 at 10:01pm
Hi 2 bobs worth,
Not every professional and not every state has the same regulations on drop or long lines. It is hard to calculate if it has been used illegally or by a professional.
Not All long lines are klms long, and depending on the species being targeted as to how they are set. Yours is weighted so obviously targeting bottom fish, cord main line suggests either armature or old pro with old preference`s, most use mono today or at least do in SA,
Never seen the hooks but most use circle hooks
In saying this I have seen old pro lines set up similar, depending on targeted fish and where fishing as to who would be using it.
Cheers Kimo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic