LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > Classifieds > Other
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

prawn cast net

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: prawn cast net
    Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 12:29pm
i have a 3.7mt (12ft) top pocket cast net (mervs castnet) for a regrettable sale. only used two seasons, no damage at all. even with a shocker of a throw , it opens and spreads on the way down. have caught plenty of prawns with this net, the best i've owned , but now it is just too heavy for me. throw it for three or four hours , i'm totally knackered. the chain weighs 7 kgs, all up about 7.5 kgs. ok for someone a bit younger and stronger than me. i have replaced the original rope with a longer one for the deeper water. paid $360 for it , wanting $300 firm. there are cheaper nets on the market but nowhere near the quality of this hand made net. hoping to get another about 5.7 - 6 kgs. that small bit of weight makes a big difference. still a month or so of the season left and you'll be ready for next year. . .mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 4:22pm
bump. . . .mick
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 12:26pm
bump it again $280 since then, it has had a small tear along the lead line(100mm) fixed. . .mick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic