Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stanthorpe trip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stanthorpe trip
    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 7:45pm
A quick trip to Brisbane to see a sister from Perth. One of my priorities after seeing sister was to catch up with Terry Marshall and Les Barlow. Unfortunately Les has been broken into again taking most of his tools and all of his lures. He says he will make some more in the future it I think the wind has been knocked out of his sails.

Afterwards I tried my luck with a HJK popper and scored this fat 68 cm murray cod.

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 8:50pm
Well done Martin Thumbs Up

Knaek & Break 
              Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 11:27pm
Not good news of Les Barlows  misfortune! Bit of a mongrel act! Hope he does get back into it...
Fysshe
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 3:50am
  catch these low lifes. snap every finger backwards one at a time. wish i was 20 years younger. martin, i don't remember getting a visit?. hope all the hooks on your lures go rustyLOL. . . .mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by rodsncods rodsncods wrote:

catch these low lifes. snap every finger backwards one at a time. wish i was 20 years younger. martin, i don't remember getting a visit?. hope all the hooks on your lures go rustyLOL. . . .mick

Still time for me to come around and haunt you Mick - so be careful what you wish forLOL
Martin-

Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 10:58am
That's terrible to hear about Les, is there anyway we can help? 

So you caught that Fish right in Town Martin? When I was visiting Les once he did say he tested all his lures in the creek. Pretty impressive that you can catch a cod while doing it. 

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Nativeman Nativeman wrote:

That's terrible to hear about Les, is there anyway we can help? 

So you caught that Fish right in Town Martin? When I was visiting Les once he did say he tested all his lures in the creek. Pretty impressive that you can catch a cod while doing it. 

I don't know how he could be helped apart from still going to his place for a chat. The 2 main reasons that he continued to make lures was to help out the younger fisherpeople and to lure people in for a yarn.

At the Rotary Park right in the middle of town. That creek holds a surprising number of fish but they are very well fed. I'm still to catch a yellowbelly there though.
Martin-

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic