LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lures you have made
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy with these

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy with these
    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 11:21am

Had my lures made on a cnc a few years back , was highly disappointed as I had become a lure assembler, and I was particularly frustrated that the Bib slot was cut last. These days I carve them from scratch like Travers had taught me from buying his lure making kits.

Recently I changed to Envirotex to finish my lures and it has been a learning curve, I picked up many tips from legends on this forum. Put them all together and the results have been amazing, my lures are now exactly how I want them, the finish is durable and spectacular. Its really satisfying to turn a piece of wood into my creations. 

This is my latest batch of Scoots, a freshwater lure, bout 100 mm long and dives to 6 m on the troll.

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 10:06am
Wow, beautiful work Sel! ClapCool
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 1:39pm
Very nicely done Clap
Living outside of the square means never having to sit in the corner
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 7:39pm
Great finish and you can't go too far wrong with that style - they should catch the fisherman and smash the fishLOL
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 1:16pm
great work ,love the patterns 
it a lot better world if you just smile
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 7:21pm
Lovely work Sel. Glad your having success with the envirotex. They come up really nice. Looks like you’ve achieved a nice thin coat. 
Dan
Lycan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lycan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 11:52am
Top Work,

Anybody would be happy with them.

Cheers
Steve
Living outside of the square means never having to sit in the corner
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2022 at 10:29am
very nice Sel your paint is top shelf tooThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic