LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > What the blazes is this fishing Lure?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

couple of small jigs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billy stringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: couple of small jigs
    Posted: 19 Aug 2021 at 9:30pm
any ideas assuming either American or Japanese
trevron1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevron1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 7:50am
Top one is a Mirror Lure from the USA, around in Aus until the late '80s. Bottom one is a ABU Shiner according to my old ABU Tight Lines books. Only made in 1972 & 73, 3 colours in 1/4, 3/7, 5/8 and 1 oz. It had a semi soft coating over it which used get coated with mildew for some reason as you can see in your photo. The Mirror Lure had a similar finish and used to do the same.
Trev
billy stringer View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billy stringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2021 at 9:57pm
Hi Trevron,the bottom one I actualy found in one of my American lure books today and they called this one a ABU Luster { Sweden } circa 1960 so I would say that they probably  have  reproduced them,Ihave a ABU tight lines 70 which shows the shiner and unfortunately doesn't show the lure as clearly as the catalogue shows, the other give away is if you look at the photo there is a hole through the centre of the lure that for what ever had a brass pin in it the shiner doesn't actualy show this.Thank you for your comments,Trev and I would only guess that they have reproduced one
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic