LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Leads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Old Leads rebuild and paint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Leads rebuild and paint
    Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 10:26am
Was given these two old Leads a while ago by a LL member Thumbs Up. Unfortunately I never thought to take a before pic but both lures were a real mess, all wire eyelets were buggered so had to be stripped out and replaced etc, the small lure was a nose towed but the wire broke inside so I decided to modify it slightly and turn it into a lexan bib towed, swims awesome now so will fish it. The other sander belly style will sit in my collection, I had always wanted one in that particular colour, one of Terry's early old school colours, now I have one and am very happy with the end result, I did the scales in a larger pattern so there would be no chance of confusion with an original.

Gristy
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 11:38am
They look great Carl!!Big smile
Fysshe
Danny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 12:17pm
Wow they came up mint. Great work.
Dan
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 2:40pm
G'day Carl, Nice work! Clap

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 6:40pm
Very Nice work Carl
Kimo
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 7:38pm
Very nicely done Carl. Is that top lure the lure / shape Terry made as the first Bransfords Tropical Rogue?
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 5:39am
top stuff gristy - very nice WinkWink
cheers
bazz

a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 7:31pm
Thanks fellas, appreciate your comments.

Martin, that lure has the scalloped flat belly (sander belly), first of the stickered lures, probably around late 84 into 85-86. think you will find it's a long time before the Tropical Rogues which were much later.

Maybe Chris McBride can add more info, I believe he knows a fair bit more than I do about the 
Tropical Rogues and other Leads ? 
Gristy
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 7:35pm
Thanks Carl. 
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 10:47pm
Nice job Carl
Timberman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 2:28pm
I have a couple of old leads including a sander belly model.  They certainly were a long time before the tropical  rogues were made for bransfords.  I am not sure about the rest of you but i struggle to even say Leads lures and Bransfords in the same post.

Ill put some pics up when I get a chance.

Cheers Ben
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic