LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > LureLovers.com Cottage Industry Lure Market > Barambah Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barambah Dragons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Jeff Jeff wrote:

Originally posted by matt fraser matt fraser wrote:

Most of these Dragons are going to orders, but I will sell two or three off here on Lure Lovers later next week. 7 to 11 Nov. Don't PM me please.

Love these ! But , I have to ask , Will they be sold at a price where they can be used ? As after seeing the prices last night on Face Book , No way in hell am I going to pay over $100 for a lure that is going to be used Confused
 Seems to me lately , there is a fad of making lures just for the big money Cry

Hi Jeff, I will be releasing molded Dragon late in November to satisfy the fishing market better. Half the price for something you won't have to worry so much about losing. I tried to price these so people would fish them, but when I spend around 4 hours making a lure, I can't sell it for less than $100. This is my primary income to support a family. I have worked around 80 hours a week, most nights beyond midnight for the past three months on dragons to produce around 140 dragons, I am not exactly in it for the big money. 

Hold out for the urethanes, 
Cheers,
Matt
matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by fluffnstuff fluffnstuff wrote:

Great project Matt, love your lure making and the courage and conviction to take on a project like this... for too long now talented craftsmen have missed out on the reward for their hard work and talent for the hours they put in. 
Enjoy the rewards Matt
Cheers 
Scott

Thanks Scott, much appreciated! 

Matt
Cod Classic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 9:50pm
Matt

Keep up the great work. You deserve everything that comes your way in both plaudits and $$$

Cheers TB
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Cod Classic Cod Classic wrote:

Matt

Keep up the great work. You deserve everything that comes your way in both plaudits and $$$

Cheers TB

Thanks Tony, very much appreciated! 

cheers
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 10:31pm
Matt is it too late to get one of these dragons?I was after one thats all
THE CODFATHER
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 11:14pm

Originally posted by Jeff Jeff wrote:

Most of these Dragons are going to orders, but I will sell two or three off here on Lure Lovers later next week. 7 to 11 Nov. Don't PM me please.

Love these ! But , I have to ask , Will they be sold at a price where they can be used ? As after seeing the prices last night on Face Book , No way in hell am I going to pay over $100 for a lure that is going to be used Confused
 Seems to me lately , there is a fad of making lures just for the big money Cry

Hi Jeff, I will be releasing molded Dragon late in November to satisfy the fishing market better. Half the price for something you won't have to worry so much about losing. I tried to price these so people would fish them, but when I spend around 4 hours making a lure, I can't sell it for less than $100. This is my primary income to support a family. I have worked around 80 hours a week, most nights beyond midnight for the past three months on dragons to produce around 140 dragons, I am not exactly in it for the big money. 

Hold out for the urethanes, 
Cheers,
Matt
polyurethanes definately the way to go Matt,having said that though theres still a bit of work molding them ,cleaning up the flashing and those awesome paint jobs you've been doing
that's no how ye make porridge!
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 9:10am
Thanks Chris, I have done a bit with Silicone molds and Easycast/Q cell molded lures. Not easy stuff to work with I know. I might have to pick your brains at some stage. The paint jobs probably won't be as elaborate, but I will see how I go when I get to that stage.

Cheers,

Matt
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 9:19am
Originally posted by jaybonnie jaybonnie wrote:

Matt is it too late to get one of these dragons?I was after one thats all

Hi Jay, I am really sorry, I stopped taking order on timber dragons on the 1st September. I have had scores of messages for orders since. I had to draw the line somewhere. I have only just finished making dragons to fill those orders - I have a few left over plus some nudes that I have been selling on my Barambah Lures facebook page. 

I won't be making any more timber Dragons in a hurry, and when I do the price will likely be $130/$140 each. 

As I said earlier, I will have a few to sell here on Lure Lovers, I will nut out what is left and put pics up before the end of this week. 

Not sure how to sell them fairly, to give everyone a chance. Lots are missing out unfortunately. I will do a couple at a Buy Now price, one Auction and one lucky draw at the end probably. 

I will start a new post in this section with the details before the week is out. 

Matt

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 5:21pm
Awesome lures MattClap I can see the hard work in these, at $25 an hour that is not big money.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 5:47pm
Well done Matt, love the shape and all the colours you have done.
I think people have to realize all the work you have to put into them, the hardware costs, the paints and the list goes onErmm.

I think it's a great looking lure and the cost is worth it.Thumbs Up

Cheers
Dave
Life is fishing!
madoldeel View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.
fake profile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madoldeel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 6:02pm
Bloody awesome looking lures there mate....man am I poor now after the week I have had...no dragon for me...
jebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 6:12pm
Yep outstanding work Matt, these are beyond lures more like little pieces of art. Well worth twice what your asking for them, you wouldn't see a builder working for $25/h and level of skill and time not to mention the R and D that must have gone into these is mind boggling.
Big thumbs up and again amazing work..... now have a coffee and go do some fishing yourself.
Cheers
Justin
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 9:17am
Thanks Guys, really appreciate it! 

Timber dragons are gone for 2016, thanks to all who bid in the auctions, I hope the winners are happy with their dragons. 

I have some other cool lures happening. Four Blue Tongues should be finished this week. I am looking forward to posting these up. As well as some new Cranky Cods and one Bulldoggy Cod. Cannot wait to show them off! You gotta love it when a creation comes to life! 

Thanks again for all the support on Dragons!!! 

Matt 
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 9:23am
like justin said matt, go fishing. glenlyon yellowbelly are still in good numbers  and a lot of small cod with a splash of a few bigger ones. was out there last week.........mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 11:49am
Trip booked in Mick, four days on Glenlyon/Dumeresq R. next month. Cannot wait!! 

Lots to do before then though

Matt
HARTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 9:45am
Hi Matt,
My Camphor Dragon arrived safely this morning very well packed and protected.
All I can say is "WOW" these Dragons look so good in the flesh, or should I say nude! Smile
Thank you very much, I could not be happier, wonderful workmanship!
Cheers, Graham.
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 11:16am
Wow that was quick! only posted it yesterday. Glad you like it Graham!

Cheers,

Matt
Bizum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 10:05am
Nice Brother !
Fish, fish and fish
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic