LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > International Lures > Asian Lures > Japanese Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Megabass Scream X

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Poolie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Megabass Scream X
    Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 4:23pm
My little brother asked what I wanted for my birthday last month, he said pick something from eBay and so he could get it to me easy enough (we live 1200km away from each other). I was looking at all these Aussie timbers and then I found this Ito engineering Scream-X. There are a couple of different types a stickbait, single prop and double prop and they were intriguing as all Megabass products are so I sent him a link and here it is. My plan was to use it on the trip to Townsville it just didn't turn up in time, I don't think I could have made myself swim it anyway! It's a bit hard to see in the pics but the carving is superb and almost looks like the wood has been twisted and the offset hooks combined with wicked semi-nude paint job is just awesome, it isn't easy to come up with something so unique in this day and age with most concepts already explored. I think if a decent Barra grabbed hold of it the hooks and hook hangers might be vulnerable but I still love it and it will take pole position in the lure cabinet.
Small Scale Lure Creations; Lure making on hold ATM.
CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2014 at 4:31pm
Great lures Poolie
Make sure you glue the screws for the eyelets in with a slow curing epoxy 2 PAC and then change the hooks
This may work out best for your northern species
The Journey is the Reward

ropes.basstard View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Asian Lures Guide

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropes.basstard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 9:00pm
Hi Poolie the Megabass stable of lures are one of the top quality lures to come out of Japan. Like you I bought one to fish but later found it had been coveted away and more added to keep it company. My favourite is the Baby Griffon, you should find heaps on "the bay". Another interesting one is the Siglett a cicada impersonator. Neither are wood, well none of my models are, but they are hugely interesting.

Welcome to Megabass.
Hi I'm Ropes and I'm addicted to fishing lures.
Poolie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Poolie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2014 at 10:04pm
Thanks Barry, think it'll keep it the way it is and put it in the cabinet.

Paul, I can't force myself the spend good $$ on plastic ones these days there are too many good timber lures around. I might get one of the Megabass orca's though they look pretty awesome and can be found for a reasonable price anywhere but this country :)
Small Scale Lure Creations; Lure making on hold ATM.
John Milford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Milford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 4:29pm
Does anyone fish the Scream X? LOL

I bought one years ago and mine has never seen the water - far too nice to get bitten up!

I've seen some of the crazy prices Japanese collectors will pay for older lures. Perhaps these, and similar top-end baits, will be the collectibles of the future?

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 9:07pm
I met a bloke once who was chasing down all of the Japanese lures. Going back about 10 years ago he said some of them were getting in excess of $200 when just a few years before they were retailing at $30.

Yours could be worth a few dollars.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 2:05am
BIGGER aus bass would smash themClapClap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic