LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lure Market > LureLovers.com Cottage Industry Lure Market > RIPP-N LURES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Acrylic Lure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acrylic Lure
    Posted: 10 May 2013 at 11:54am
A mate of mine turns up pens for sale and i asked him for a couple of pieces of the acrylic he uses to have a go at making a lure out of it..Can't fish with it it sinks like a rock but it looks pretty...Mick!!!
saito View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote saito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 12:27pm
Very nice Mick...
Cheers

James

~Love my Bass fishing~
Red Hunter View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Red Hunter Fishing Rods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Red Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 12:49pm
Ha , I got that stuff at home , my mate next door turns it up for me to use on rods , and I thought the same thing Mick ,and you can get some real cool colours . Thumbs Up
Darkside Slayer and Zombie hunter.
seagull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote seagull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 4:02pm
Sweet lookn lure there Mick just a pitty about how heavy it would be LOL

Cheerz Errol
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 6:19pm
Looks awesome Mick, especially cool how you can see the bib inside the lure Clap bummer about the sinks like a rock though Confused

Maybe you could use that property of acrylic in your favour and make some Ice Jigs for Bass fishing, or some "Sexy Slugs"  Wink
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 6:32pm
yeah slugs for use off the rocks and for macks and tuna - coolThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Baroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 6:10pm
Mick,
It doesn't need to swim.
Regards,

Marc - STDZ Lures - Catch fish,fish a STDZ instead.
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 6:28pm
Very creative, Mick.  Well done Clap

We might have to start an "Arty Farty" section Confused

Cheers

Travers
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 8:18pm
Bryan Padgey made some like that a while back too Mick,i really like that one you've made its a ripper mate Thumbs Up
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 11:40pm
Great pattern in the colours and layers
Fish Choking Lures :)
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 12:03am
Mick, very nice job Clap
There's a huge range of colours around, Is it a bugger to carve?? or more a machine sand and finish by hand proposition???

Brad
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 6:12am
Originally posted by Darby Darby wrote:

Mick, very nice job Clap
There's a huge range of colours around, Is it a bugger to carve?? or more a machine sand and finish by hand proposition???

Brad

Yeh Brad i did put carving lines on it to carve but the stanley knife wasn't happy so i just linished it then fine wet n dry used wet to clean all the linish marks out then my mate told me just to use brasso to shine it...so just used my Dremmel with a buffer soaked in brasso....Thanks for the kind comments guys Clap

Mick!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic