LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > B.J.'s Custom Baits
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BJs Lifelike Baitfish Spinnerbaits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BJs Lifelike Baitfish Spinnerbaits
    Posted: 08 May 2013 at 11:51pm
Hello everybody just like to say that i have been sent a batch of spinnerbaits from BJ and have been using them in the murrumbidgee river around Canberra.Using the triple doc skeleton blade setup in the 3/8 size i have been catching murray cod to around 70cms.What i would like to talk about is the action that the rabbit fur skirts make and how they flutter in the current giving the deceptive image of a baitfish.In the red and black colour rabbit fur spinnerbait i caught fish when everybody around me using other brand spinnerbaits couldnt get a hit and have even taken BJs spinnerbaits to spots that see a lot of traffic including dogs swimming and was blown away by the amount of fish they took.Also fished the purple and white rabbit fur skirt and caught two cod in 5 casts plus had a metre fish follow to almost my feet.Also that day my mates using lets say other brand didnt get a strike.The truth is the action that comes out of that skirt and spinnerbait is unique but that rabbit fur skirt has cod going crazy and even had one big cod bite all the rabbit fur off completely.I dont usually give tips but if your not using BJs spinnerbaits then you are oviously not catching as many fish as you could so honestly give them a trial and discover the magic.
THE CODFATHER
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 9:32am
Interesting report Jay  (any photos) rabbit fur sure has a great action the same as marabou just not used often enough.
regards John
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 12:11pm
Jay thats great news mate ....I'm glad you have managed to look outside the square and passed all the gossip by..... and actually tried them out your self mate....Now I take it... not one blade fell off.....and all the lures spun and done exactly what they were constructed to do......Not only that they lured fish out..... in common everyday spots.... that I believe from other conversations...... had you all thinking no cod resided there.....I once said on this very web site that these baits would and could beat the standard silicone skirted baits...... hands down when it came to cod......I would like to personally thankyou for vindicating my bragging on this subject with your excellent results......Now reading between the lines of your story I can take it that other more well known reputable brands..... nationally advertised for there cod catching abilities..... were swam against mine for no return...... Well I'd personally would like a $ for every time this has happened mate.....regards B.J.LOL
bluey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 7:59pm
any picsWink
goldtrev68 View Drop Down
Ex Member.
Ex Member.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldtrev68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 8:45pm
Salt water as well....my son & self use these all the time,,,flathead,bream,whiting & GT`s,,,was after a jack this year,,but I ended up live baiting for them,,,dont know why,,,but we have cast the 1000`s of times & not one snag,,,so in heavily timbered areas we go straignt to our BJ`s spinnerbaits,,,have them from 1 oz down to 1/8 oz...love em...action is crazy,,,& made of top quality componants unlike some on the market.....Brian Mitch & me are big fans,,,Gary CFSA
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 12:35pm
Mate I'm a big fan of young Mitch and yourself. I think the mere fact that you two could look outside the square and produce the fantastic results you both have made in salt water is just simply mind blowing......I told you that they would catch whiting and have for a while now. I'm about to bring out a in-line spinner thats going to turn a lot of saltwater heads mate and you guys are going to be the first in Australia outside of myself to utilise them......Watch out tailor theres a new lure in townLOL regards B.J.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 6:29pm
Top stuff guys. BJ, I have used the small trout in line spinners on sand flats and have caught flathead and flounder. Had lots of follows off whiting and bream. I have no doubt that a bigger one of right design will catch tailor, salmon, kingfish, jewies and more.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 3:49am
The best way to describe the spinnerbait when rabbit fur is used for the skirt is a fly with spinning blades.Got a two minute clip catching a cod on bjs spinnerbaits and will post up shortly.
THE CODFATHER
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 2:38pm
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap show us some greenfish magic Jay......LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL.....B.J.
wahootim View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahootim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 2:56pm
show us the pics so we know what we are talking, some maybe keen to see them. Tim
doccod View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
B.J.'s Spinnerbaits

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doccod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 1:34pm
Well it seems the young bloke is having a miserable time trying to down load video/film onto this page for your entertainment....Has any body got some helpful hints on how JayBonnie can download onto the site with said material....thanks in Advance B.J.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic