LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Fysshe Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lil Frogge by Fysshe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lil Frogge by Fysshe
    Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 11:33pm
I recently had a visit from an old friend from ex RAAF and Ian probably knows who it is. He opened his tackle box to me and then Joe turns up at Easter with some Lil Froggies. There is one new one in these photos.
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 9:32am
Nice one Deb, some old war horses there that have seen a bit of action! Did Joe part with some of his Lil Frogges? I made a special order for him with ally bibs to use in the river with Les (Kadaitcha) Looks like Mick (Rodsncods) left you with one of my reborn Glen Lyon lures too!! Well done, good score.....
Fysshe
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 10:32am
That brown/yellow Somerset Stretch looked familiar! I got my first Cod up there on that model and had to do a quick check of my old tackle box!! Big smile I came up with Les Knight (Lizard) It wasn't Les who parted with a few of his lures??
Fysshe
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 8:18pm
You guessed it. I had a visit from Les Knight recently. He has become a farm worker and thoroughly enjoying it too. His tackle box was like it was 15years ago and he parted with a few including his lures that he made years ago.
Did you notice the tiny dolls eyes on the red Lil Frogge of Joe Profkes. Quite a variation on the bib designs including lead.   
Love those photos Ian   Debbie D
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 8:39pm
From memory I made a few for Joe to take on a trip in the river below the dam. Warren Steptoe was supposed to be going as well to do an article on Cod fishing but couldn't make it. I made an extra lure for Warren, I think it was the one with the dolls eyes! Deb, the standard bib is poly with a lead insert to help right the lure if it flips over during the cast!! But I made plenty with ally bibs for Glen Lyon, trolling them after dark the bibs clank along the bottom and seemed to get more hits...
Fysshe
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 8:58am
That would have been the first tagging and DNA sampling done for Qld DPI in DumaresqR which lead to a few years later doing "A Study of an Icon" research program.

handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 11:54pm
I opened the post today and what a wonderful surprise. A Fysshe Frogge. I love it Ian and many thanks.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 10:19pm
After the lure expo I had a request from a LL member for some Frogges after he had chatted with Deb. A couple of sets are on the way plus a little nudie as well.

Also noticed in the first picture a couple of my original Glen Lyon models. One poly bib and one ally. The newer ones have 2mm poly bibs and "Luxon" towpoints. They still have that nice "COD" sway... Smile

Fysshe
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 11:07pm
Love the nude frogge mate, it's face really does look like a frog.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic