LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Fysshe Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some of my Fysshe lures!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some of my Fysshe lures!
    Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 10:08am
Most of these are Ian Salmon's 'Calliope models' - 4", 3" and 2" shallow divers. They work well on a range of species.

cheers steiny
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 10:31pm
Got this GT off the beach on the 4" model.

cheers steiny
mark2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 5:48am
Hi Darren, nice lures, Ian makes some great shapes I like his paint work, in the pic with the GT the lures back looks like it was traced around the GT fin. Not a bad fish you got there too.

Mark
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 7:08pm
Yeah, that was a coincidence with the fin!
cheers steiny
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 9:34pm
look awesome .....ive got a box here with some in there don't know there age ....will get them posted up soon ....cheers aaron
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 11:08pm
That would be interesting to see what you've got Aaron. Always wonder where they eventually end up!!
Fysshe
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 11:27pm
will get some flicks now ....cheers aaron
seagull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seagull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 11:30pm
Hurry up Aaron and get those pics up along with the rest of the lures ya got hidding away.

Cheerz Errol
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 11:41pm
Nice lures Steiny, Ian sure does a great job Clap

I'll be posting up pics of some extra special Calliope lures soon - watch this space Wink Big smile

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 11:55pm

found the box but looks like most are the cedar lures i think .....heres the ones that found ....let me know if you want underneath shot.....will post a photo up in the other section of the others ..cheers aaron

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 12:31am
Got me wracking my brains now Fletch!! The top one isn't mine(at least I don't think so) It has the shape of my stretch Somerset but a little too rectangular in profile. My bibs were 1mm poly on those models and the eyes were painted.
The chartreuse one was a budget model I sold at our Catch and release comp in the mid 90's. $5 each but sold very few as the price was too cheap!! Never made any more and relegated the rest to the reserve bench! Most were a solid colour with a black dot.
 The very bottom one has me stumped. It is one of Eddy Watsons' Tooloa lures but that is my paint job. I still use that stencil today as the first stripe is wider than the rest. May have been a collaborative effort as Eddy spent a lot of time at my place.
The rest are all mine, shame about the broken bib on the Stretch Somerset! I did make a few early ones with acetate bibs that were prone to breaking!! The Moogerah one is a good find, not many made as I only had a limited supply of the kinked poly for the bibs.
 Thanks for posting them up. Cheers IAN
Fysshe
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 7:46pm
A couple of pics from beneath on the top one and the bottom one might shed a bit of light on their identity Aaron.. Cheers IAN
Fysshe
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 8:13pm
heres acouple for you ....cheers aaron
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 8:38pm
Thanks Aaron, the bottom is Eddys' Toolooa repainted by me.(Or I may have made that one from his blanks and bibs that I had stored at my place for a few years! I can remember a request at some stage to make a couple and got the OK from Eddy) The top one is one of Eddys'(Cedar) early ones, similar to my Somerset...
Fysshe
fletch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Kuttafurra Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fletch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2013 at 10:46pm
cheers for that will put the early ones in the lure cupboard ....cheers aaron
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 4:57pm
That top lure is a "Katchy" lure from Toowoomba.
Fysshe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic