LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Questions and Tips re carving your own fishing lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lures
    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 7:39pm
Hi All,

I am going up to tinaroo in a few weeks. It will be at School Point. Does anyone if you can fish with live yabbies or fish up there? What spots are best? Can you please show me a photo on Google Earth if possible? Cheers
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 9:14pm
I don't know whether or not you are allowed to use live bait, but I know a few people do.

What I know about Tinaroo is that the barra can be found anywhere at anytime. The difference is if they are hungry  or not. If they are hungry then they will be above the thermocline - set your sounder for this. If they are below the thermocline - usually at about 2.4 metres deep (usually), then you will have a hard time catching those particular fish.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
J44 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 9:24pm
Thanks mate. I shall try deep water so for a better 'snag' rate. Appreciate the reply. 
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 10:19am
During a photo and release fishing comp there last year, a mate's son caught a small catfish fishing the bank. He tethered it in 30 cm of water by the bank's edge while his mother went for the camera (comp had a mystery fish / size element to it as well). While it was tethered, a huge barra grabbed the tethered catfish right beside him and took off with it.

A small catfish with the spines removed would seem like a good bait.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic