LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > What the blazes is this fishing Lure?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any Ideas?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any Ideas?
    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 8:48pm
G'day all.

Picked up this lure on the weekend and dont have a clue on who / where it could have come from. It is timber and has a slight "Stumpjumper" profile to it but the paint job or eye set up does not resemble anything Stumpjumper has done. It came from Tocumwal on the Murray River if that help for a general location. Apologies in advance if pics are sideways or upside down. Yes looking back I have stuffed this up and have no idea how to fix it!!!

Cheers TB

steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 11:23am
Keith Baker?
cheers steiny
Cod Classic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 2:01pm
Steiny

Interesting.

Do you have a reference to anything of his that may look similar?

Cheers TB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 9:55pm
Hello all

After researching this future it very well could be a Keith Baker. I see he is famous for his "Crays" but there was not much around about other stuff he had done.

This lure is very similar (if not identical) in pattern to one (and only) of his divers I came across. The only difference was this is a "bib tow" and the other was a "nose tow" ??? Any more info would be appreciated, history, $$$, ect.

Cheers TB   
samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 9:59pm
It's not a Keith Baker Lure.

Samurai.
Any Brand Of Lure Is Only As Good As The Fishermen Using It.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 11:23pm
Ok.

Samurai - Do you have an intimate knowledge of his lures enough to say 100% its not? (Please dont take this the wrong way, just dont want to discount if it is a possibility). As mentioned, has a very similar (near identical) pattern to another Keith Baker seen on another lure site.

Cheers TB
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 10:59am
Tony, take a look at R & B lures on LueHubOz, looks familiar. They're made in Delungra NSW, wherever that is?
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 10:19pm
Seaweed

Thanks for the heads up. After further viewing I'm happy to add it to the collection as a R&B Lure. Looks like its well made. It now intrigues me on the rest of its history?

Is there anybody out there who has any further info on R&B Lures?

Cheers TB
murraycod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraycod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 12:17am
Did R&B do through-wire?
I suspect I have one the same as yours Tony, and it is through-wire possibly bought in Shepparton.
Took it to the Expo hoping it may be a Baker, but was told it wasn't.
Metal bib and did Baker only use plastic bibs?
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 11:28am
I have one Tony, this one found here in Darwin from a mate. Deb Dare is sure to have one, where the bloody hell is Delungra?, I originally came from Sydney and never heard of it. If near the Vic border, may account for them turning up down your way.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 3:13pm
Seaweed

Interesting, your lure looks to be n perfect condition.

A quick bit of research shows Delungra to be slightly North West of Copeton in Northern NSW. I have a couple of contact numbers from the two fella who made those lures so may make a call to get a bit more history.

Cheers TB
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 6:17am
Towpoint is different
 Are you sure its not a John Ellis pre stumpjumper? Blake Laurie had a few on facebook  a year ago.
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 8:13am
I checked my photos but nothing similar  in John Ellis's and I'm thinking a lack of his quality paintjob.
Locally there would have been people imitating his lures as they worked well
You probably need to do a bit of research down there Tony.
Debbie Dare  Let me know if you find any info please.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 8:33pm
G'day All

Managed to track down Richard Sheehan from R&B Lures in Delungra. Had a good yarn and sent him some pics. Unfortunately he assures me that it not one of his so the mystery remains??

Did happen to come across one of the first ever lures made by John Ellis (Stumpjumper) before he went into production. It was verified by John. Now sits proudly in another LL members collection. 

Cheers TB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic