LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Welcome area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi from PointerLureProject

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PointerLureProject Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi from PointerLureProject
    Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 10:28am
Hi All,

Thanks for letting me join your forum.

Amongst many of my fishing projects I've recently started painting minnow style lures to use on the local Tassie Bream and Trout.

I've enjoyed seeing everyone's creations and am looking forward to getting further inspiration with my own designs and help when needed.

Whilst I've enjoyed the painting side of things I'm really struggling to find decent quality, smaller sized lure blanks.  I've had some good success re-painting some atomic and cranka clear lures, but they're cost prohibitive.

I've had a crack at the readily available chinese blanks form Aorace and WLure but find their quality is pretty average to poor which is the only thing holding me back at this stage.

Cheers
Nathan
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 11:27am
Avidbasstackle.com has a reputation for better quality blank lures.
Although being USA bass centric maybe doesn't have a huge range in bream /trout type lures.
al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 12:46pm
welcome to the site ,jansnetcraft in  the states is a good company that has timber and plastic blanks to buy 
it a lot better world if you just smile
al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 12:47pm
also i am an old hobart lad ,lived out at granton 
it a lot better world if you just smile
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 8:31pm
Welcome to the site Nathan, no doubt that you'll get the urge to make your own lures seeing that you are half way thereLOL
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 12:26pm
g'day Nathan there are a few guys doing copylathe timber lure blanks for some makers although i'm not sure how small they can go.I can put you onto one guy if your interested
that's no how ye make porridge!
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 1:36pm
Welcome aboard Nathan. 
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 9:18pm
Trollcraft make a small minnow that is cheap, and works well.......they also do a couple of Crawdads .

Oldman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide

Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 9:24pm
"Fingerling" and "Fry" are the models.
PointerLureProject View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PointerLureProject Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2018 at 1:56pm
thanks for all the help and advice guys.  It's much appreciated.

Managed to pick up a bunch of Atomic Shadz recently which I've repainted with some good success.  Will post up the pics in the appropriate forum.

The Atomic Trick bitz are a great blank lure but at $8ea + hardware is too expensive to mass produce.

Will most likely have to go down the WLure avenue as they are the only 50-60mm plastic style blanks I can reliably get.   We don't do Timber Lure's down here in Tas which is unfortunate as they look awesome.

A lot of our lures are based on whitebait and smaller profile baitfish so they need to be clear or opaque and have a skinny profile and weight 4-5grams.

Nathan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic