LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Welcome area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lure maker from NY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senkosam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lure maker from NY
    Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 9:31pm
Hi everyone. I began to see that buying lures on the dream of catching fish was only part of what was to become an obsession and hobby as important as fishing. I started out modifying soft plastic lures using a candle and blade. Painting hard baits was okay, but buying and making molds to make soft plastics was more challenging and rewarding.  Making skirted jigs,  in-line spinners and spinnerbaits has also filled a niche.

Strange that few anglers on any fishing forum care much about lure design, creation and modification.
I do something with lures on a daily basis and hope to share ideas with everyone.

Frank
firststrike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firststrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 10:38pm
Welcome mate.
firststrike
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 10:41pm
Welcome Frank...and I hope you enjoy the site!
cheers steiny
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 11:00pm
Welcome Frank
I like making all sorts of creations mate and you'll find others here that are interested in soft plastics as well.
I look forward to see what you can create.
Cheers Rick
Fish Choking Lures :)
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2013 at 7:39pm
G'day Frank, be good to see what you catch over there. 
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
senkosam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senkosam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 12:12am
Thanks everyone. I've begun to post creations in soft plastics, spoon and wire baits. Help yourself to the ideas. Pictures of fish caught on many of them will be included. A picture of an 18lb carp was added to a post that demonstrated a method of making a universal species, soft plastic lure without the need for a mold.

Lure-making and new design are as important to me as fishing and provide the same satisfaction as catching fish, if not more.
Montah Steel View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member
Hobbled Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Montah Steel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 12:54am
Originally posted by senkosam senkosam wrote:

Thanks everyone. I've begun to post creations in soft plastics, spoon and wire baits. Help yourself to the ideas. Pictures of fish caught on many of them will be included. A picture of an 18lb carp was added to a post that demonstrated a method of making a universal species, soft plastic lure without the need for a mold.

Lure-making and new design are as important to me as fishing and provide the same satisfaction as catching fish, if not more.
welcome to the club
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 7:56pm
We answer lots of questions here too.
Welcome and enjoy!
Cheers   MAL
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic