LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures > Fishing Tackle discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SCENTS& LURES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2013 at 1:51pm
brother-in-law and myself were fishing McIntyre brook once. using worms for bait I caught four yellas in four baits in about 15 minutes, peter had not lost a bait. we were sitting side by side, fishing the same hole, same spot same bait. in two hours I got nine yellas, peter got none. he even changed his untouched bait. he smoked rollies all his life, his fingers are dark brown from toobaco stain. it's the only thing we could think of.......mick
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2013 at 4:37pm
Bob when I fished for gummies in between the Henty rivers back when you could take five each
I was fishing with 2 mates either side of me in a big gutter

We all used the the cheep wooden popper in the top of our hook set up

But I was a bit sneaky and dipped my popper in tuna oil every time I would rebait the hooks

The score at the end of the day was

Rick 11 Troy 3 and I felt sorry for Garry let him drag in 1 on my line   

But they made me swap positions as well and I still out caught them

I'm certain it was the sent as we all used the same bait I did not tell them my trick till we got back and were filleting the fish

That's just a idea for you all to chew on

Cheers Rick
Fish Choking Lures :)
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2013 at 5:02pm
TUNA oil hey rick its a stinker alrightLOLLOLClapClapClapgummys are she chicken heyBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileTongueTongueregards bob
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 1:38pm
Armpits are good.
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 1:58pm
is that normal armpits pete, or the armpit of some hairy dykeDeadDead....mick
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 2:40pm
STENCH o YETI works fine in my part of the worldLOLLOLLOLLOLClapClapClapregards bob
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 2:43pm
Can ya get that in pressure pack???
DARK LORD
In Space, no-one can hear you SCREAM!
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 3:56pm
NO thats the stench of yowie ya thinkin of broLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLClapClapClapClapregards bob
Gopsy View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gopsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 1:17am

I use Megastrike ( http://www.megastrike.com/ )for softbaits and sometimes also for hardbaits!

Tried to crate by my self but unfortunately I am not so smart because it rolls off after some 5 min. 

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 6:29pm
I know blokes that spray their baits and lures with WD40 as a fish attractant. It is made from fish oil plus other things. They always seem to outfish most other people but if this is because of the WD40 I don't know.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by horrorhead horrorhead wrote:

I know blokes that spray their baits and lures with WD40 as a fish attractant. It is made from fish oil plus other things. They always seem to outfish most other people but if this is because of the WD40 I don't know.

Red Hunter & Mr Viper suggest I should use it on my knees.
Will this encourage 'Ankle Biters' when I'm wading the flats???

DARK LORD
Tony Mc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Mc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 10:09am
To extend on the WD40 theme, might try worcestershire sauce. It's got anchovies and garlic in it.
Just a thought.
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 10:32am
Originally posted by dishley dishley wrote:

Well Gulp shrimp continue to be ridiculously productive. They catch everything, bream, bass, kingies, flatties, tailor, salmon, 1m+ Jews......... And they've got to be the lamest lure on the market as far as action goes.

I don't use it on hards, but I think that's just a stubbornness thing on my part. It's clearly effective on plastics.

Originally posted by Davent Davent wrote:

WD 40, spray on your hooks, while attached to your lure. One of the main ingeadients is fish oil.

http://wd40.com/about-us/myths-legends-fun-facts/

What a Fish story!

Myth: WD-40 contains fish oil.
Fact:
Consumers have told us over the years that they have caught some of the biggest fish ever after protecting their fish hooks and lures with
WD-40.  We believe this legend came from folks assuming that the product must contain fish oil since it appears to attract fish.  Sorry Charlie®, it just ain’t so.

WD-40 Company has taken steps to respect and conserve the environment, and encourages its users to do the same.  While WD-40 can be used to help protect fishing equipment from rust and corrosion, WD-40 Company does not recommend using WD-40 to attract fish.

"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 11:57am
HP sauce or that funky chilli halapenoLOLLOLLOLClapClapClapClapClapClapregards bob
Mal Vader View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mal Vader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 3:47pm
Some of that stuff will remove your talented paintjobs. Shocked
DARK LORD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic