LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Fugly
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First Fuglies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Fuglies
    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 11:02am
Actually a couple of firsts; besides being the new owner of some mad scientists rogue projects I partook in a joint effort to create a couple scoundrels which were best left in the autopsy room. Ye gods what happened?

I cannot wait to see what has become of the other lures awaiting their trial by wombat. Hoping to give these a run soon as the season is just opening up. Best get out there before complete lockdown.

Chris, it scares me to think what mutant derelict will be on the other end of my line when I use these….is there insurance for this kind of thing???

All that can be said is I am proud owner of some Chernobyl esque swines offal, couldn’t be happier!!!

CaptainCranky View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Guide
LureLovers.com Guide
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainCranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 11:42am
go the Fug
The Journey is the Reward

Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 12:32pm
You don't get any more original than that! Nice work Chris! Clap 
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 6:31pm
They are gorgeous and I have always loved that frog from the first time I saw one.

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
wickky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 9:13pm
How awesome do yours look fuglied!!
Make sure you throw some pics up of the fish!
hooknose View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooknose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 10:51pm
Ye hoo, good stuff mate 😄👍
Cheers Steve R  !!!
MAN I LOVE FISHING ! ! !
Cod Classic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cod Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 1:05am
WONDERFUL Thumbs Up
ArdentAngler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 4:57am
Soon as the weather clears up I hope to get back out and get some pictures. The Martinis Chris sent are killer, very wide sway on these. Absolutely love the action.

Chris, only suggestion I have on the Martini is that's its a tad light and hard to pitch. Aside from that these are solid, I haven't seen any other lure swim like these.

I agree, the krewfische look spectacular after receiving "the bite treatment."

That grin hat grin on that frog though...makes me wonder?
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 9:11am
Originally posted by ArdentAngler ArdentAngler wrote:

Soon as the weather clears up I hope to get back out and get some pictures. The Martinis Chris sent are killer, very wide sway on these. Absolutely love the action.

Chris, only suggestion I have on the Martini is that's its a tad light and hard to pitch. Aside from that these are solid, I haven't seen any other lure swim like these.

I agree, the krewfische look spectacular after receiving "the bite treatment."

That grin hat grin on that frog though...makes me wonder?

THAT grin appears on Chris's face whenever he has another idea (either appropriate or inappropriate) enters his headLOL
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
NQ FISH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NQ FISH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 2:12pm
Never ceases to amaze me. Love it
Bad days fishing is better than a good days work
Cheers chris
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 9:34am
'trial by wombat",ha ha!,you are a wordsmith CharlesBig smile.Glad you liked these,i will do some more soon for a lurelovers auction
that's no how ye make porridge!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2020 at 2:25pm
Thanks again for these wonderful lures. Hoping to get some pictures soon, mind you I'm not the best photographer.

Those Martini's/Marteeny are great little lures, no idea how about flat heads, but trout dig them. Going to switch the hooks out to something larger, hope you don't mind. After missing 20+ fish the other day changes must be made. Same for my Ollie's, countless strikes, even had the fish on for a bit. The hooks are top notch, its the size. Some things I picked up from experience, and tips from a sagacious semi local tournament Bass Pro Angler.

As for the LL Auction, let me know and I will donate these Fuglyfysche back, mind you I am keeping one for me self. Look forward to the end result, hope to get a few in the post for you and Ollie soon. Got the time, lacking the confidence and will power.

Without doubt the fish are very aggressive to these, you totally knocked it out of the park with this build. I even threw out my own against yours and Ollie's, I know when I've been beat....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArdentAngler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2020 at 9:42am
A couple of little trout on the Martini. Landed a bunch more since the past couple days, haven't tried the Fugly Fische yet.

Still hoping to get a decent fish once the herd of dummies thins out, really hard to get prime real-estate on the river currently. Sloppy jalopy seconds with the added bonus of picking up others trash, woot!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic