LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > NSW Lures > Brett Campbell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Check List of Lure Designs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Check List of Lure Designs
    Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 8:06pm
Due to the assistance of DEBBIE DARE who generously shared her records with me I can now offer you an extensively updated check list of Brett's designs.

The decision to place this second version of the check list in a new post was made in the hope that it may make it easier to locate if you happen to be looking for it at some stage in the future.

It would be good if collectors continued to upload any photos of these lures that they may have to support this thread. Apart from the historical value they are nice to look at.
With there being such an extensive array of designs, and the fact that many were only ever produced in limited numbers, any photos that you might be able to contribute would be extremely helpful.

Regards,
Col

CHECK LIST OF BRETT CAMPBELL'S LURE DESIGNS

A. A11, Adgotator, Alien, Apache, Archer, Arrowhead

B. Badger, Badger Ridgeback, Badja, Badja Minnow, Bandicoot, Barcoo 1&2&3, Barcoo Barra, Barcoo Trout, Bass Bandit, Bass Bullet, BB, Bee "b", Beaver, Bedourie, Beetlebug, Bellbrook, Belly-Flop, Billbandu, Black Bass, Blade Runner 1, Blade Runner 2, Bobby, Bobcat, Bobcat Surface, Bream Lure x 5, Buck Bandit, Buckskin, Buckskin Bandit, Buckshot, Bucktail, Bucktail Bandit, Bucktail Minnow, Bumble Bee(reversed= Wood Duck), Bunyip, Burra 1&2, Buster

C.Chin Minnow, Comet, Cougar (later called Frenzy by Berkley), Cut-Back

D. Dart Flight 1&2, Dead Set, Dead Set Large, Dead Eye, Deep R, Digga

E. E-, Excavator

F. F 111, F 14, F 15, (Frenzy see Cougar above), Fully Loaded

G. G-lure, Gidgee 1&2, Gillraker, Goodoo, Goodooga, Grave Digger, Grover

H. Hatchett, Head Hunter, Hellcat, Hillbilly, Hitman, Hornet, Humpback

I.

J. Jamar Jerkbait, Joey 1&2

K. Kooka

L. Larrikin(named after Dot Larken 10/12/07), Leech, Lized

M. Machette, Mako, Maybe Europe, MBF 1", M 14, Mig 4, Mig 4 no2, Mig 5, Moby, Mongrel, Moon Shina or Moonshiner

N. Nipper, Nomad

O.

P. Pacemaka or Pacemaker, Phantom, Pilly, Platypus, Poey, Popeye, Purduri or Pudri or Puturi,

Q.

R. Rattlesnake, Raven( designed by both Brett and P Newell), Razor, Rebel, Reversable, Revolver, REVS, Ridgeback, Ridge Runner

S. Savie, Scout, Shad, Shriek, Snoopy, Snyper, Snyper Surface, Soft Bait, Spinafex, Spinafex Mac, Spit-fire, Spit-fire Surface, Stickbait, Stinger, Stingray, Stubby or Stubbie, Stumpy, Surf

T. Tadpole, Tailturner(enlarged flight bib), Tail Turner 2, Termit, The Seal, (3.0.3.), Thunderbolt, Tiny, TNT, Tomahawk, Top Deck, TopWater Bait, Top Gun, Torpedo, Tracka or Trakka(named after Peter Newell), Tremor, Tub, Twista

U. USA Barra

V.

W. Wagga, Walker, Walleye 1&2 or Walley or Walleyer or Waneye, Walleye Crank, Wazza, Whistle Wetter, Wildcat, Wombat, Wooma or Woomera or Woomra, Wrasse

X.

Y. Yabby

Z.

lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 8:31pm
What a list thanks Col and Deb thats about 175 if i was into colecting one of each I just need 163 more not including those that haven't been listed yet.
Cheers Graeme
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 10:41am
I just came across a selection of Brett's lures and took the opportunity to download some of the photos to support this thread. (I trust that the use of the photos in this manner will not be a concern for anyone.)

The photos illustrate some of Brett's designs that I don't believe have been shown here before.

As well, there is a new name to add to the "List of Lure Designs" above: "HILLBILLY BARRA"

Regards,
Col

"BURRA"

"HEAD - HUNTER"

"HILLBILLY BARRA"

"HILLBILLY"

"WOMBAT"
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 12:12pm
Thanks Col the burra looks interesting
Cheers Graeme
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 12:33pm
Awsome designs and very collectable
THE CODFATHER
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2016 at 8:32am
Below is another Brett Campbell design to add to the inventory. The body of this one measures 8" in length and is called a "Revolver Mackerel".
Regards,
Col

handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 10:20pm
Mongoose, jerk Bait  1, red neck.
bassnbob View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
B.O.B Timber Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassnbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 4:05am
Very nice lure indeedClapClapClap
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 1:41pm
Another one to add to the list. This time a "Getter" that I came across on Ebay.

As well, there was also some photos of a few more of Brett's designs that I don't think have been illustrated here before.

Lyonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 2:03pm
Any idea of a name for this one Col

Lyonel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyonel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 2:06pm
A older version of a spitfire

colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 7:39pm
No Lyonel, I can't help you the name of that one but thank you for adding them both to this check list. Maybe someone else will be able to assist with identifying it.

As it is, we are very fortunate that Brett was in the habit of putting names on the majority of his lures otherwise we would have literally hundreds of his designs to try to sort out.

Cheers, Col
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Lyonel Lyonel wrote:

Any idea of a name for this one Col

handbrake might know.  . . .mick
BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!!!
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 9:31am
Here are a few photos of Brett's lures that recently appeared on Ebay. I haven't come across a "Wobbler" before so that's another one to add to the Check List.
Regards,
Col

colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 6:49am
Wake Up Jeff!

colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 9:27am
Another one for the Check List. This "Freeky" was recently sold on Ebay.

colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 5:49am
Following my recent post adding the "Freeky" to the Check List of Brett Campbell lures I received a PM from another site member alleging that there may be some issue with the legitimacy of this design, and also the "Wobbler" design that I had added previously. As I have absolutely no knowledge about the background of either of these lures, and only saw them advertised on Ebay for sale, I will just make mention that their authority has been questioned and leave it at that for now.

Perhaps others with more knowledge relating to these two designs may wish to comment further and publicly add more detail.

Cheers,
Col
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic