Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Ambush Lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Ambush Lures"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Industry Member
Industry Member
Running Creek Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushwacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Ambush Lures"
    Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 7:52pm
I am hoping someone could please help me know more about these lures i cannot find them anywhere on here.They where made of a plastic of some kind, not sure who made them but they all had "ambush lures" signed under the tail section.

I do have one left but the other was stolen by a bass it used to catch some thumpers!

Hope someone can help thanks

Steve
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 8:14pm

Here's a few Steve, they were all moulded poly foam when in production.
Originally made by Steve Muchow of Wellington Point, he moved to Beaudesert later on and stopped production in1995.

Brad

"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

bushwacker View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
Running Creek Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushwacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 8:21pm
Your Joking ! Ive lived in Beaudesert since 1989, My great uncle had Arthy's toys and gifts in the main street of town and he gave me these 2 for a birthday when i was only 8. Not long after they retired and closed the shop.

Bloody minds boggling

Thanks Brad

Steve
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 8:44pm
Steve, I used to call on Keith only 5 or so years ago...your not that young are you???

Brad

Industry Member
Industry Member
Running Creek Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushwacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 8:51pm
If i said i was 8 a "few years after" could have been quite a few

Sorry about that, I talk to Keith as much as i can and fish with one of his sons nearly every week. I havent got a very good grasp of this timeline thing.

Did you know Keith well ? I have to get a blank to him for my blackfish rod soon.

Steve
Industry Member
Industry Member
Running Creek Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushwacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 8:53pm
I think your more on the money than i am according to dad...

Now where did that big chunk of my life go ???

Steve
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 9:32pm
too many happy hours?? Wink

I used to call on him every month or 2 for about 2 years when I was selling tackle in a previous life.
haven't been back that way since starting the new career...
Brad

Industry Member
Industry Member
Running Creek Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bushwacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 9:50pm
OOHHH dark and mysterious i wonder if Keith can fill the blanks in haha.

Sorry we are completey off topic now.
reelsandlures63 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 9:22am
here are some i made many years ago
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 9:31am
hi steve,say hello to keith for me as i have not seen him since i have moved to townsville from beaudesert around 4 years ago.keiths son you fish with i bet it is tony another keen fisho and top bloke.my name is steven and i know mr & mrs arthy very well hope they are doing fine.thanks very much
Industry Member
Industry Member
Running Creek Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushwacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 11:41am
My gosh.... This really is starting to get strange!

Here i am carrying on about these wonderfull lures and you where watching all along...I am seriously kicking myself for loosing mine now!

I shall pass on the message and yes it is Tony who i fish with, he has some very enviable lures from Keith.

Thankyou for replying

Steve
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 2:24pm
hi steve,what colour was the one you lost i might be able to help you out.thanks mate steven
Industry Member
Industry Member
Running Creek Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushwacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 2:42pm
This is the only picture i have of it hanging out of a bass's gob.
It was a grey with blue and black.

Thankyou but please dont feel obliged in any way.

Cheers
Steve
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 3:23pm
hi steve this is the only one i have in this colour it has been used and caught fish pm me your address and i will send it down to you.thanks mate steven
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2011 at 3:45pm
Wow, how good is that...its a small world..

Nice pick up Bushwacker..thanks to StevenClap

Cheers

Callop Catcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Callop Catcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 9:19pm

I bought this one because I liked the card so much.

Nice looking lure as well.
Cheers Stephen
Industry Member
Industry Member
Running Creek Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushwacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 9:26pm
Something about them just lures me to them haha pun intended.

Steve
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2012 at 7:12am
ambush lures are sold at tackleworld southport.....mick
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 10:50pm
Are you still producing those lures Steve? I was given two small ones by Alan Sloman on the weekend as I'd spotted them in his tacklebox.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 1:37pm
no sorry they are no longer in production but i still have a few here,what were you after.thanks very much steven
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 7:38am
I'm am only after info. I was given 2 very small Ambush Lures that were in Alan Sloman's tacklebox, last week. I would love a photo of the makes in the previous posts if that's possible.   Debbie Dare
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic